What They Are Saying.....
Spot.Us has been covered and talked about by traditional news organizations like the New York
Times, NPR and PBS as well as new media giants like TechCrunch, Mashable and Wired. Below is a
sampling which should give you sense of what people are saying about Spot.Us and our innovative
approach to funding journalism.
We must also humbly thank "Stage Two Consulting"
who has provided us with guidance and time in our marketing efforts.
- "The Future Of Newspapers Goes Beyond Dead Trees" - Read Write Web
- "The future of journalism will be radically different" - ReadWriteWeb
- "David Cohn Answers Questions About Spot.Us" - Eat, Sleep, Publish
- "Fund the Journos!" - Joshua Levy, Community Editor Change.org
- "Want to Read about Problems with Ethanol Mandates in California?" - - Eco-Localizer
- "Dial a Journalist" - The Evolving Newsroom
- "Community Funded Reporting" - Yeesh.com
- "Making money online: crowdfunding" - Charlie Beckett, London School of Economics
- "Pay As You Go Journalism" - Honolulu Advertiser
- "Community Funded News Launches At Spot.Us" - Ryan Sholin, Invisible Inkling
- "Spot.us Brings Crowdfunding to Journalism" - Mathew Ingram
- "Community funded reporting project Spot.us goes live" - Alfred Hermida, Reportr.net
- "Spot.Us: Community Funded Journalism" - Craig Newmark, Craigslist.com
- "The market and the internet don’t care if you make money" - Scott Karp, Publish2.com
- "Spot.us Launches" - Ethan Zuckerman, My Heart's In Accra
- "Daily question: Pay to read?" - Counter Notions
- "No News is No News" - Jeff Jarvis, Buzzmachine
- “Community Funded Reporting” - Howard Rhinegold, Smart Mobs
- Spot.us Launches: Does It Pass Clay Shirky’s 3 Rule Test? - Leonard Witt, Public Journalism Network
- "Spot.us Launches & More!" - NetSquared
- "Can Crowdfunding Help Save the Journalism Business?" - PBS MediaShift
- "Tomorrow’s news: Journalism’s future will look like … ?"- Futurerismic
- "There is great hope for journalism in people like David Cohn" - Tim Windsor
- "Where Citizens & Journalists Collaborate" - Killer Startups
- "Spot.us and Fear of Change" - Amy Gahran
- "Citizen Journalism 3.0?" - Courrier Post Online